Thursday, August 26, 2010

BEE Fulfilled: An Unfailing Love

"Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the Lord, who has compassion on you.


~Isaiah 54:10 (NIV)~

The more I spend time with God in prayer and in His Word, the deeper my love grows for Him. What grips my heart and soul is God's compassion and unfailing love for us. He loves you and me more than our minds can comprehend. Think about the person you love the most. God loves you so much more than that. And that love remains the same, even in our failings. Mind boggling, isn't it?! Yet, it's so comforting and encouraging to know God's love never fades.

I'd like to share with you a prayer I wrote this morning from three Scriptures in the Bible. For the past several weeks, I've participated in a Bible study at my church using Beth Moore's Living Free book. As part of the study, Beth Moore introduces the practice of praying God's Word. She describes praying God's Word as "speaking His language. It means talking to Him using His words." My assignment for this morning's study on experiencing God's peace involved choosing from a list of Scriptures and spending time praying God's Word using those Scriptures.

May the truths in this prayer be a comfort and encouragement to you today. :-)

Heavenly Father, I call on You, for I know You will answer me. Give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show me the wonder of Your great love. You save by Your right hand those who take refuge in You from their foes. Lord, keep me in the apple of Your eye. Hide me in the shadow of Your wings. (Psalms 17: 6-8)

Father, show me Your ways and teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God, my Savior. My hope is in You all day long. Remember Your mercy and love, for You say in Your Word they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways. According to your love, remember me, for You are good, O Lord. (Psalms 25:4-7)

Lord, You say in Your Word that though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, your unfailing love for me will not be shaken nor will Your covenant of peace be removed. Thank you, Lord, for Your unfailing love and the peace You give. (Isaiah 54:10) I love you, Father! In Your glorious and precious name . . . Amen.

3 comments:

  1. Great devotional piece! I have found that prayer God's word makes for powerful and effective prayers. There are times when I don't know how to pray for someone, but will find a scripture that fits their situation and then pray those words for them. Thanks for sharing this great tool for effective prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I made a typo in my comments. It should say, "I have found that praying God's word makes for powerful and effective prayers."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This so blessed me. I have made a copy to share with a friend. I have gotten so much out of Beth's studies, but the greatest gift is the hunger and desire to know God more.
    Looking forward to being in bible study with you here!!!

    ReplyDelete