Monday, November 16, 2009

BEEsy in the Kitchen: Grandma's Cranberry Sauce

"Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow."
~Edward Sandford Martin~
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I thought I'd share some of my family's favorite recipes for this holiday. I'll post a new recipe each day this week.

The first recipe I'd like to share is for my Grandma's cranberry sauce. It's easy and delicious! I hope you enjoy. I'd love to hear your comments. :-)

Stop by tomorrow for one of my family's favorite appetizers: Fiesta Dip.

Grandma's Cranberry Sauce

1 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1 package of fresh cranberries
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup raisins
3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
3/4 cup celery, chopped
3/4 cup apple, chopped
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp orange peel

Directions:

1. Combine sugar, water, and cranberries in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to medium-low heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.

2. Add remaining ingredients. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment