Thursday, January 20, 2011

BEEtween the Pages: The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones

"... the Bible isn't a book of rules, or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a Story...It takes the whole Bible to tell this Story. And the center of the Story, there is a baby. Every Story in the Bible whispers his name. He is the missing piece in a puzzle--the piece that makes all the other pieces fit together, and suddenly you can see a beautiful picture."

~Excerpt from
The Jesus Storybook Bible:
Every Story Whispers His Name
by Sally Lloyd-Jones~

A few days before Christmas, a friend and I chatted about ways we could share our love for and faith in Jesus with our young children. My friend mentioned a children's Bible she found valuable in imparting her faith to her sons. After our meeting, I hurried to a nearby bookstore and purchased this book--The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones.

Since Christmas, my son and I have been reading the stories in this Bible as part of our bedtime ritual. We've both been richly blessed with the stories and their messages. Over the years, I've purchased several different children's Bibles for my son, and this one ranks at the top as my favorite. With content targeted for children ages four to seven and colorful illustrations on each page, my son is eager each night to read a story from this Bible. And as a mom, I'm thrilled that this book not only teaches him about the different characters and stories in the Bible, but it also whispers Jesus' name in each story, just as the subtitle promises. This book shows children that from the beginning God had a beautiful and marvelous plan to send a Rescuer to save us.

I highly recommend The Jesus Storybook Bible for families with children ages four to seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment